Filing for Divorce

1. The requester is the one who begins the divorce petition. You must fill out the following forms:

-Marriage Petition: Used to provide the court with some essential facts about you, your spouse and your marriage. This form can also be used to ask for some court orders.

-Summons: Will hold a lot of crucial information that you can employ throughout your case. It also holds some information about some restraints that will limit what you can do with your assets and property as well as your children.

-Property Declaration Form: is used to list your properties and debts if you’ve run out of space in the above form.

-Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act: will need to be filled out if you and your spouse have any minors (children under the age of 18).

-Child Custody and Visitation Application Attachment: Must be completed if you desire to ask the court for custody and visitation orders. Though the Child Custody and Visitation Application Attachment is optional, it’s best to use this form because it contains more detailed information about schedules etc.

2. Make sure you have all your paperwork looked over by a lawyer or family law facilitator to guarantee that all the facts are present so that there is no holdup in your case.

3. Find out if there are any other local forms that you should complete to move onwards with your case. Inquire the court clerk or your lawyer about any supplementary court forms you may be needing to complete.

4. You need to make extra copies of all the paperwork. One set will be for yourself, one for your spouse and the originals go to the court.


No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Name (required)

Email (will not be published) (required)